Friday, April 24, 2009

IMPORTANT UPDATE

I was going to blog about the difference between inductive and deductive reasoning, the apparent preference for these operating models on each side of the political spectrum and the ramifications of these tendencies on cultural norms and social institutions, but I have decided to write a sonnet dedicated to my wife's mucus:

Minion, behold the nadir of the lyric:

Dreams and pathways I have known
The times of man eons peak and eras trough
Cacophonous yalp as virally sewn
Still lyrical I hear my dear love's cough

Harmonious day flees panoptical night
And a green phlegm rubicon traverse
Viscus, cascading snot affright
Fly, silent fever embrace the inevitable adverse

Forgotten roads through rooky woods meander
Cursed cough, thy name is emerald molasses
Among fallen timbers and brush forever wander
Pray, find your place amid begotten corpses

And time, immortal guardian of aged, ailing genus locus
A dimming light, we say goodnight to all my Love's disgusting mucus

No comments: